Faith Arrows use God's word to point you to Him. They are devotionals that share a story and encouragement on how we can apply the scripture to our lives. The purpose of Faith Arrows is to point you to Jesus and help you grow in your walk with Him.
Your Tribe focuses on the family and friends in your life. The subcategories of Your Tribe include Marriage, Parenting, Family, Friendship and Kids and School.
Kids and School
The Everyday Life category will include Book Reviews and giveaways. It will also include posts on the Home, Friday Favorites, Goals and Holidays.
“She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said.” Luke 10:39
Do you remember story time in grade school? It was one of my favorite times of the day. We would all gather on the colorful carpet. I eagerly anticipated what the story would be for that day. My full attention would be on my teacher as she or he read the book.
I loved that my teacher took the time each day to read to our class. Learning new things and diving into the adventures of the stories my teacher read was also something I really enjoyed.
As I read the key verse for today, I felt challenged. Do I let go of all distractions and sit at my Jesus’ feet and listen? Am I eagerly anticipating what He is going to share? Or am I too caught up in the busyness of life?
Jesus takes time each day to teach me something new. I need to put myself in the position to learn from Him. Friends, Jesus does the same for you.
Will we let the long to-do lists, the project due at work, or even our own kids distract us from the choice to be with Jesus? We need to make time to be with Jesus daily. Time at His feet.
What does this look like in our season of life? How do we take the time to sit at the feet of Jesus when it’s not quiet and we don’t feel like we have the time? Or when we have scheduled the time in and then one of our kids throws up everywhere or wakes up from a bad dream?
There are many ways to sit at the feet of Jesus besides just having a quiet time. Here are 5 ways to sit at the feet of Jesus during your day.
1. Go to Church. Surround yourself with a community of believers who point you to Jesus. Besides Sundays, get involved on Wednesday nights if your church does a program.
2. Meditate on one Scripture verse throughout the day. Write it on an index card and carry it with you. Use a post-it note for the Scripture verse and put it on your kitchen cupboard or bathroom mirror.
3. Worship is another way to sit at the feet of Jesus. Listen to praise music that helps you focus on Jesus. One of my current favorites is King of Kings by Hillsong Worship.
4. Listen to the Bible or read it whenever you can. Use the Bible App to read Scripture at stoplights, while waiting for a train, or in the car pick up line at school.
5. Pray with the community. Meals, bedtimes, and before school are all great times to pray with a community. The bonus of these times is that you are teaching your children the importance of prayer. Join a Moms in Prayer group to pray with fellow Moms at your child’s school. Pray with your friends.
When we take this time to sit at the feet of Jesus, we will be blessed. Not only will God overflow us with His peace and joy but we will learn how to be more like Jesus.
When we open our hearts to Him and ask Jesus to change us, God always comes through. Will you join me in sitting at the feet of Jesus every day?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, this week was crazy. Almost too busy. As I look back now, I realize even more of my need to slow down. Jesus, I want to make it a priority to sit at Your feet and just listen. Please teach me to humble myself before You. I want to let go of all the distractions and focus on You alone Jesus. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Which of the 5 ways to sit at Jesus’ feet really resonated with or challenged you? Please share in the comments below. Thank you!
Let’s imagine we are sitting down for a cup of coffee or tea. I would remind you that you are chosen, loved and cherished by the King of Kings. I would also listen as you shared about how I could pray for you. Since we can’t officially meet, I’d be honored if you joined my online community. Click on the social media buttons above and enter your email below to receive a gift of 5 Lock Screens for Busy Seasons.
Sign up here to receive weekly emails to encourage you to live chosen, loved and cherished.
Hearts at Home #2 – Sticks! A plan for hope and reduced stress
Sign up here to receive weekly emails to encourage you to live chosen, loved and cherished. I will send you a FREE gift of 5 phone lock screens.